When we last left off I was about to tackle a 22 mile long run.
Tackle I did. Last Friday I ran 22.1 miles – On. A . Treadmill.
Thats right folks, mama has gone and lost her mind. But in all seriousness, it was out of pure necessity. I didn’t have a window in my day to be 22 miles away from the kids, they were sick and I just didn’t feel comfortable being gone. That and it was windy and cold. Thankfully my apartment building has a small gym that is exactly 1 floor above my apartment so around 12:30 when the kids went down for nap I headed up there. I was the hardest thing I have ever done – running wise. Mentally I struggled from mile 8-22, physically I was sluggish from mile 16-20. But I did it.
- Miles 1-11.2 were powered by Season 1 of Friday Night Lights. Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Cant Lose.
- quick water refill break
- Miles 11.3-22 powered by Another Mother Runner Radio and Girl Talk
- 3+ hours of running on a mill. Powered by Skechers Go Run 2.
This week my workouts are:
- Monday: Figure 4 COMPLETE. Took Madeline Day’s class for the first time and loved it!
- Tuesday: 10 min w.u. 7 x mile @ 7:22-7:00 min pace with 2 min rest 10 min c.d COMPLETE. Total 10 miles of pushing myself to a new mental and physical place. Repeat paces were: (1) 7:22 (2) 7:12 (3) 7:16 (4) 7:17 (5) 7:10 (6) 7:22 (7) 7:20
- Wednesday – 2 x 35 mins easy COMPLETE. Morning 35 minutes on the treadmill – 4 miles. Evening 6.22 miles with the Lululemon Run club @ E66th store.
- Thursday – Figure 4 w/ Heather Hamilton
- Friday - 45-55 mins easy + 4-6 x 100m strides
- Saturday - 18-20 miles
- Sunday - easy 25-30 mins recovery run
Who else is running long this weekend? I am hoping to find some buddies to run with. After last weekend’s mill-fest I am in dire need of conversation on a long run!