Week 11. Wow … that awfully close to the end of training huh? Eek.
Not much to discuss this week, I am trucking along with 50% great days and 50% OMG how am I ever going to run not one but 2 marathons this fall?! Although I did feel a little like I was getting my confidence at the end of the week … I remain to need a really fantastic long run sometime soon.
Just keep reaching for that bar right?
Monday – Soul Cycle
Tuesday – Lululemon Run Club Fartlek Workout + Figure 4
- 10 min w/u, 10x 30 second pickups, 1 minute rest. 5.2 Miles
Wednesday -Chicago Marathon Speed Workout # 11. Kinda.
- Plan – 15 min w/u 10x400m @ 10k pace, 15 min c/d
- Actual – 15 min w/u 5×400 m w/ 60 second rest between, 15 min c/d
- Total Miles 5
Thursday – Long Run Attempt # 1
- Went out for 22 Miles with Michelle, came back with 11. Fail. But great company
Photo cred: Michelle’s Instagram
Friday – Quick CP Loop that turned out to be an amazing run. 5.12 miles
- The weather was perfect, my legs felt light, I could have gone for hours. Complete 180 from Thursday’s run. Blerg.
Saturday – 16 Trail Miles in the Appalachians with VC
- Along the Mountains to Sea Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Absolutely Gorgeous and oh so challenging.
Sunday – Treadmill Shakeout Run – 4.0 Miles
And thats that. This week has been better … but more on that later.
I’m running the Rock and Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon on Sunday!
You may remember the success of that one last year … PR Baby!
I love this race. I have been looking forward to it all year, and I had it in my head that I would race it.
… but you know what, I just don’t want to race it. Plain and Simple, I am not feeling it. I want to run with my friends and enjoy the race, I want to add on miles and make it a long run. I would love it if I was able to run a few miles in the middle at Goal Pace, but I am honestly not going to get crazy about it.
So cheers to a fun racing weekend. I will be out there with a smile on my face and (of course) a hot pink sparkle skirt. #sparklethroughthemiles
Speaking of Sparkle Athletics and #TeamSparkle, check it out! … So honored! I have sparkled at every single great PR race, and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon!
Who else is going to Philly?!